Ice Dam Prevention in Fayetteville and Nearby Areas
Attic insulation and air sealing can help stop ice dams from forming
Icicles on the roof are a warning sign of insulation problems and ice dams.
Ice dams are a common side effect of poor attic insulation during the winter, and icicles on the edge of your roof an an obvious warning sign. Ice dams can lead to damage to shingles and gutters, as well eventually cause roof leaks and water damage.
Southeast Foundation & Crawl Space Repair can help prevent these problems in your home with our attic insulation and air sealing services. Together, these improvements help eliminate heat loss through the attic and the roof, allowing snow to melt naturally. If you're interested in ice dam prevention services for your home, call us today at 1-833-843-7430 or contact us online for a free estimate in Fayetteville, Wilmington, Greenville and the nearby areas.
The process of ice dam formation
- Heat loss from your home through your attic and roof makes the bottom layer of snow on the roof melt.
- Melted water flows towards your gutters, where it reaches the cold eaves and gutters and refreezes.
- Over time, more water flows down and freezes, creating what's known as an ice dam.
- Eventually, water will pool behind the dam, forcing its way under shingles and eventually into your attic, where it can cause serious damage.
How we can help prevent ice dams in your home
- Air sealing: Every attic has air leakage through gaps and cracks that are created during the building process and home improvements. These spaces allow warm air to escape through your ceiling into the attic and through the roof. We can test your attic to identify air leaks and then provide air sealing with expanding foam. This will help eliminate the heat loss that leads to ice dams.
- Insulation: When your attic is under-insulated, your home lacks a thermal barrier between your living space and your attic. Raising your attic insulation to recommended levels with blown cellulose insulation will ensure that your attic is not heated by your furnace, lessening the chance of ice dams forming on your roof.
Keep your home protected from ice dams with quality insulation and air sealing
If you have issues with ice dams on your roof, the experts at Southeast Foundation & Crawl Space Repair are here to help. Our complete attic insulation and air sealing services are a proven, effective solution for ice dam problems. Together, these will eliminate ice dam formations and help make your home more comfortable and efficient.
Call us today at 1-833-843-7430 or contact us online to get a free estimate on attic insulation and air sealing for your home. We offer all our services in Fayetteville, Wilmington, Greenville, Jacksonville, Goldsboro, New Bern, Sanford, Wrightsville Beach, Camp Lejeune, Lumberton and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.